NEW CONCORD — The East Muskingum Local School District’s Board of Education approved a number of personnel items at its July 8 meeting.
Among the slots filled for the coming school year were a number of coaching positions, as follows:
• Chris Merry, Jimmy Gattrell and Mike Legats as freshman football coaches
• Luke Ford, Jeremy Rice and Brian Wilfong as junior high football coaches
• Cory Marling as reserve girls soccer coach
• Annie Stamm as reserve volleyball coach
• Gary Stewart as freshman volleyball coach
• Vonda Stewart and Shannon Ferguson as junior high volleyball coaches
• Matt Abbott, J.T. Kafury, Justin Merry and Jason Howard as volunteer coaches.
Other personnel items approved included the employment of Susan Larson as an East Muskingum Middle School summer school teacher, Rick West as a bus driver, Kathy Ridgley as a summer maintenance worker and Greg Stamm as APEX summer school instructor.
Receiving the nod of approval from the board as special education aides were Shannon Fitzgerald, Dena Hartman, Sharon Love, Sandy Machusko, Marsha Gebhart, Rhonda Hollowniczsky, Debora Lyons and Carla Terry.
In other action the board opted to keep food and drink prices the same for the coming year as during the 2009-2010 school year.
Professional leave for several staffers was approved, as was the school lunch sponsorship application and family civic engagement plan.
The board is scheduled to meet in special session at 8 p.m. July 14 to consider personnel matters.