Heading Logo

Bomb threat disrupts school

Published: April 18, 2012 8:01 AM

NEW CONCORD Classes at John Glenn High School were disrupted on Tuesday afternoon when a bomb threat was discovered in a boys restroom in the building.

Jill Johnson, superintendent of the East Muskingum Local School District, said the threat was discovered at about 1:45 p.m., approximately 40 minutes before regular dismissal time.

All of the students and staff were evacuated by 1:55 in a fire drill fashion, she said. The threat had warned of a detonation time of 2.

We had everyone in the parking lot when, for the first time all day, it began to rain, she said.

So, the high school students took shelter in the gymnasium of the nearby middle school until buses arrived for dismissal.

After school was dismissed, Johnson and other officials awaited the arrival of explosives-detection dogs.

So far, all things are clear, she said at 3 p.m. But we have to take these precautions.


Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.